We look forward to welcoming you to Forty Hall Estate. If you have any questions ahead of your visit, please explore answers to the questions we get asked the most below. 


Is there parking onsite?

Yes. As you drive through the main gates please turn right in to the car park where there is ample space. Parking is free.

How do I visit using public transport?

There are many ways to get to Forty Hall by public transport. Please visit our getting here page for further detail on the best route for your journey.

Is Forty Hall accessible?

Where possible we aim to make Forty Hall as accessible as possible for all our visitors. Please see our accessibility page for more information.

Can I bring my dog?

Dogs are welcome in the gardens and parkland, however, your dog must remain on a lead in the Walled Garden.
We cannot allow dogs inside the Museum including for weddings or ceremonies, except guide dogs.

How long does it take to view the house and gardens?

Last entry into the House is 15 mins before closing time, however we recommend entering at least 30mins before closing.
It would be easy to spend 2–3 hours or all day wandering around the Walled garden, pleasure grounds and woodlands. We have several trails lasting from 1.1km to 6.3km that can be used to explore different areas of the grounds and parkland.

Is fishing allowed at Forty Hall Estate?

The pond grove lakes are leased to the Enfield Angling Society, and fishing is not permitted on these lakes without a licence AND without membership of the Enfield Angling Society. The general public are not at liberty to fish these lakes.
Fishing is prohibited in the Ornamental Lake (big pond in front of Hall), Meadow Pond and Crater lake (two field ponds to west of estate as the walk down the footpath to the left of the Lime Avenue).
For queries please contact Mr Ron Sears, president of the Enfield Angling Society. Tel: 0208 366 4538

Do you offer guided tours?

Guided tours of the House are available for groups of 10 people and cost £5.00 person. Tours last approximately 45 mins–1 hour during our public opening hours. Guided tours are also available outside of our core opening hours for £8.00 per person.

Is photography / videography allowed?

All commercial filming and photography enquiries should be directed to the Film Office who manage bookings on behalf of Enfield Council.
Celebratory photoshoots for two hours can be booked within the Museum. Please contact forty.hire@enfield.gov.uk.
Drone photography is not allowed anywhere over Forty Hall Estate as this is a Bylaw.

Are bikes allowed?

Bicycles are allowed and we have bike racks in the main car park and outside the Café Courtyard. Please be considerate of other visitors when riding through the parkland.
Free hire of bikes and scooters are offered from April to September for those wishing to explore the Estate, subject to availability. Advance booking is required.

Picnics and parties

Can we have a picnic?

Picnics are welcome and we request that you dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided or take it with you. Please note that gazebos or marquees must not be erected anywhere in Forty Hall Estate and this is a bylaw.

Are barbecues allowed?

BBQs are not allowed in Forty Hall Estate and this is a bylaw.

Can we host a birthday party on your grounds?

Please contact us for a booking form if you wish to host a birthday party in the grounds. A charge will apply depending on the day and duration requested.

About the Hall

Who manages Forty Hall Estate?

Forty Hall is owned and managed by Enfield Council. The building itself is run by the Cultural Service’s team of the council. The park and estate is managed by the Parks Department of the Council. The farm and orchard are managed by the neighbouring Capel Manor.

How do I contact Forty Hall?

You can contact us by calling 020 8363 8196 or emailing forty.hall@enfield.gov.uk

If you wish to contact the Film office please reach them directly at enfield@filmoffice.co.uk.

Supporting us

How do I go about donating to Forty Hall?

Please visit the donations section on our support us page for information about donating.

Who do I contact for information about volunteering?

Please visit the volunteering section on our support us page for information about volunteering where you can fill out a form to get involved.

Still have a question?

If you have a question we haven't yet answered above, please feel free to contact us by calling 020 2363 8196 or emailing forty.hall@enfield.gov.uk.